tisdag 30 oktober 2012

Flying Lotus: Mutek 2008

"I was at this show back in 2008 and it just pretty much blew my mind. I've always been a hip-hop meets electronic music kinda kind and up to that point I had never seen these two co-exist so well..

This was Flying Lotus first appearance in Canada and was the highlight of Mutek that year. I had circled it on my calendar but from the looks of the crowd before the show they weren't too sure what this aws about. Well, quite simply it was one of the best live sets I've seen, still to this day. So often these laptop + controller sets are absolutely boring but this was a real performance - none of that checking your emails on stage BS. Dude rocked some Busta, Madlib, Aphex Twin, Burial and so on...

LINK: Flying Lotus - Live in Montreal @ Mutek 2008

This show had an absolutely huge influence on me and my pursuit of all things slightly more leftfield as a DJ. I knew that I wanted to push this sound as much as I could" - Lexis


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar